Friday, November 13, 2015

Digital Blog Post K

After reading chapter 4 "Designing Lessons and Developing Curriculum with Technology" there a few concepts I ran across that really stuck out to me. The first concept I found was "Learning Assessments (Knowing What Students Have Learned), which occurs before, during, and after teaching lessons and enable teachers to evaluate student knowledge, understanding, and performance. In this section of the chapter 4 it lists many things that can help teachers keep track of all of this for example grade keeping software, online surveys etc. In my opinion grade keeping is the best thing that schools use, this gives students, teachers, and parents the access to the grades and to keep track of how that student is doing in school. I really feel like grade book for example was very helpful through out my middle school and high school years, it gave me a chance to understand why my grade was great or poor, I found it very helpful.

The second concept I found was "Student Learning Objectives" student learning objectives are what the students will know or be able to do by the end of the lesson being taught. I think learning objectives are a very important part of teaching it gives not only the students but also the teacher a chance to really focus on what the outcome of their lesson is. In my high school my teachers would leave the learning objective in the corner of the board and it gave me a chance to guide myself and stay on track during the lesson. The idea of this is not to write the lesson itself but the outcome as stated in the book.

The last concept I found was "Using Technology in Lesson Planning" this caught my eye because we are now focusing on how to incorporate technology into our lessons for example the lesson plan we just made in our groups. In the text it says that their are apps that have lesson-planning templates for teachers, it also listed a few websites. This would come in handy I can imagine just because technology has become such a huge part of everyday life. I think this would be great for teachers who are just starting also because they are new to lesson planning and new to bringing technology into their lesson plan.

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.


1 comment:

  1. The learning objective on the board and/or making sure that students know what the expectation of learning for the day/unit has been heavily emphasized in the last few years as a key ingredient for student success. Recently though I've been reading others question the true impact, so will be interesting to see how that develops....

    ReplyDelete